No appointments, driving, or waiting rooms. Hassle free online test takes just 10 minutes.
Our technology costs up to 75% less than a traditional refractive exam.
All you need is a computer and the internet and you can use our technology.
Your prescription will be signed by a licensed eye care professional and can be used anywhere.
I've never had more fun undergoing a refractive eye exam than I did getting my vision tested using Opternative's software. It was easy, fast, and best of all I could do it without leaving my home; this will be the best thing that's ever happened for people who need regular refractive eye exams.
- Sam Yagan, TIME Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World, CEO at Match.com
This is by far the easiest and fastest way to get an accurate prescription. I was amazed that it even picked up on my astigmatism!
- Brok Vandersteen, Senior Member Outreach Executive at ContextMedia, Inc.
I love that Opternative is incredibly convenient and incredibly accurate in its assessment of my vision and I don't have to figure out who to go to, insurance, etc. The work is already done for me, so easy.
- Jessica Arendas, Director of Marketing at Susan Fredman Design Group, Inc.
My experience in taking the refractive eye examination was extremely positive and I found the overall user interface to be intuitive and well thought out.
- Dan Malven, Founding CEO & Current VP of Business Development at Analyte Health, Inc.
Opternative's mission is to help the world see and feel better. Our technology is intended to assist licensed eye care professionals in improving their delivery of patient eye care by increasing access to refractive eye exams and lowering costs. Later this year we'll be releasing our online refractive eye exam technology which Opternative will license to medical professionals for use. Opternative does not, and will not, perform medical services. Opternative's technology may be used by eye care professionals, licensed to use Opternative's technology, to provide patients with refractive eye exams and to issue a valid prescription for eyeglasses and contact lenses. Opternative will be conducting an NIH registered, IRB reviewed study, to test the accuracy and efficacy of the Opternative technology prior to licensing the technology to eye care professionals for use.
* Opternative's technology is only intended and suitable for use by licensed eye care professionals to perform online refractive eye exams on patients between the ages of 18-40 and in good health (e.g. patients must not have a history of diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma, cataracts, retinal detachment, brain injuries, neurological issues; or symptoms of acute eye pain, or flashes and floaters in their eyes, etc.). Our technology does not include a comprehensive health exam. Opternative recommends that users go to see their nearest Optometrist or Ophthalmologist at their earliest convenience to get a full health exam, and that eye care professionals using the technology to perform refractive eye exams also counsel patients on the need to obtain complete and full eye and health examinations.